Sunday, May 3, 2026

All the Funness!

Hubbs and I went to Wimberley to celebrate 2 years of marriage. I found a cute BnB and I figured checking out a new town could be fun. I was right. 
Bella Vida - this was our room
They have an AMAZING screened in front porch.
We drove down on sat, and I figured we wouldn't want to go anywhere when we got in, so I had them add a charcuterie board for us. We brought our own wine from Messina Hof. 
They have 2 huge roosters
And real chickens, too. 

They provided breakfast on Sunday, which was home made croissants with egg, syrup, peaches, blueberries, and bacon. Hubby got mine on Monday cuz, you know, no food before Mass. Which, I learned, hubbs had NEVER HEARD OF. I felt SO justified when we got to Mass and the church had a little flier of "how to prepare for Mass" and said "No food or drink (other than water) one hour before mass." I think coffee is ok tho. We went for coffee afterward and found a farmers market! Then we went downtown to wander and I must say that I appreciate a town that allows for open containers when wandering and shopping. The frozè and sangria were so good. We even did a champagne topper since Sunday was the day of our anniversary. Hubby was having fun remembering where we were 2 years ago during the day. (We were getting ready, we were married, we were waiting for the bar crawl, etc.) So cute.
You can kinda see our drinks. 
Decorated boots are all over Wimberley.
Also lots of cute little areas to relax for a bit.
He loves taking pix of me taking pix. Lol. I will say this is one of the best g&ts I've ever had. SO GOOD!! And refreshing after a HUMID darn day.

Eventually hubbs mentioned he would like to relax at the bnb, so we went back. We ended up watching TV, reading, and napping. On Monday hubbs had my leftover breakfast, then we went downtown to see the other side of the street. We ended up at community pizza and beer garden where hubbs had an AMAZING apple pie mead. 
Drawing music.
Cute little park area
Beer list. I tried a couple Amber beers. Quite nice. We eventually decided to head back via HEB. We got a sammich, salad, and carrot cake. So good. Back to the Bnb again, and some relaxing. 

Tuesday we had a nice, relaxing morning and then drove north via dripping springs where we enjoyed some sandwiches from a deli. Then on to Marble falls where we found a kitchy gift shop. Then we checked into the hidden inn on the river before going to chilis for some food and beverages. Poor hubbs overindulged and on wed AM we headed home to the kitty cat.

The rest of our week consisted of ordering groceries and goblining HARD. We got the mail a couple of days, that and checking my tomatoes was the only going outside we did until Saturday. We moved the couch out of the game room and put together the desk hubby ordered. Then he set up his designated painting station and he painted his Warhammer figures. I decided to tackle some of our clutter and put together the bunny I bought FOREVER ago.
3 days of putting together, taking apart, and putting back together.

Saturday we went to the farmers market and then we went for a couples massage. We also went to Twisted Sisters and split an Italian sub and cinnamon rolls.
Massive sammich... dunno why its upside down
Cinnamon rolls.

We had torchys for lunch, then I took a nap while hubby played games with his nephews. 

Sunday I went to Mass and then came home and make pierogies and sausage. Then I tackled more clutter, worked on the bunny, and generally tried to forget that tomorrow is Monday. Sigh... waking up without an alarm clock is a little slice of Heaven.

Back to the grind (for 3 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment