Sunday, May 24, 2026

Fruits of Urban Agriculture

I made bruschetta with the tomatoes from my tomato plant!!!
And the balsamic from Italy 😁 the basil was store bought tho cuz our basil plant didn't have what it took to survive. 😆 it joined the tomatillo and the one pepper plant in plant afterlife. 

Another week of heavy grant writing. 3 different executive summaries, 3 different project narratives, and 3 different sustainability plans. Sigh. I did get to do some of my REAL job, too, so that was nice. I also got back in the gym. Focusing on cardio this week, then will slowly start introducing weights again. The tat is nicely healed, so I'm not so worried about gym germs. 
So pretty, but still stings. Best comment so far: "is that your FIRST tattoo??" Oh honey, no, it's my 9th 😁 hehe, I'd say 10th considering the puzzle pieces got worked over twice. I'm considering a 3rd time cuz I saw a pic from when the were fresh and... WOW, holy fading ink, batman!!

I've really been missing people lately. I need someone super smart to please create a teleportation device. It's being too long between visits. I want to see my friends!!

This little ham was stealing some of my pillow!!! 

Hubby made chicken taquitos on Friday, after getting margs, chips and salsa, and rice from frescoes cocina. He got the tortillas, chicken, beans, guacamole, Pico de Gallo, and sour cream from HEB. It was all SO GOOD!! I have to say the best thing to come out of the pandemic was take-away booze. 😁ðŸđ
Look at me!! Marg I didn't have to make!! ðŸĪŠ

Hubbs wasn't feeling well on Saturday, so we stayed home. I cleaned, did some laundry, got groceries, and watched all the Riddick movies. Hubby slept, played games, and felt horrible. Poor man. I meal prepped some high protein broccoli salad... I'm hoping the flavors will meld together as it sits in the fridge. As for the main dish... I'll figure it out. There's a bit of leftovers, so I'm not worried about it. 
I also finished one of my monochrome books.
it was fun.
I started a new one, this one shows the black bits as dots.
Still quite fun.

Sunday hubbs will work, I'm going to Mass and then going to see my friend A. I've got a couple things for her. 😁 I hope all of you are doing well. Hugs!! ❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment