Sunday, May 10, 2026

Work has gotten NUTSO

Monday was just like any other day. Catching up after vacation, getting things figured out for the week, looking forward to Thurs for my tattoo, plans to hit On the Hook food truck with hubby on friday, all was good.

I even finished Melvin 
Isn't he FUN?!?

Then, on Tuesday at 745 a page went overhead. "Nik call XXXX" I called because my boss was in my office, and our receptionist said the soul-chilling words, "joint commission is here." Boss automatically thinks it's a prank, I tell him she sounded non-prankish. He heads to the front while I check their website and sure enough, unannounced survey. All meetings are off for the next 3 days, PTO canceled, all hands on deck. Rescheduling my tattoo and dr appt, letting hubby know im gonna be working both late and early the next 3 days, and i might have to work fri. I've been thru surveys before, but never in this role. I have a much bigger part in this now. We send out agendas, get people notified of what is expected, and the survey starts. Nik takes off with the physical environment surveyor and i escort the clinical one. Wednesday was more of the same, tho the last day for physical environment. Thursday was some final things and then wrap up. And can I just say, we CRUSHED it. A few findings, but nothing super important/urgent. Best. Survey. EVER!!

For me, the hardest part was just being around so many people all day. Generally I like to stay in my cave, pull my data, make my reports, send my emails, and just be a hermit at work. I was unable to hermit (except at lunch) for three days. It was brutal. My hermiting won't be happening for a while because I'm also juggling 5 grant applications that are all due before June 4 and they are all for significant dollar amounts. So I have to meet with ceo, cfo, cno, department directors, possible partners, etc for all 5 projects. I also have to get after people to get me quotes on equipment they want. Sigh. Work has gotten INSANE and if we get these grants I'm going to need help managing them. I could end up with someone reporting to me. Weird, right? Lol. Someone has to help me tho cuz otherwise I'm gonna forget stuff. 

So thurs night hubbs and I went out for margs cuz thats 100% post-survey protocol! Hehe
tuesdays post survey wine in my new goblet
Thursdays post survey margarita!!

I was able to schedule my tattoo for Friday, so I took that off anyway. Next week I can worry about grants. Hubby and I picked up our friend E cuz she's another Discworld aficionado. We went for bfast, then drove to Dallas. Thank God hubbs likes to drive in Dallas. 😄

We were at the shop from noon until 9, but I think it was well worth it.

Saturday we went to scarby. I kept the 2nd skin on all day, but it did spring a leak (bag of yuck style) so I had to get creative.
Put the new bracelet to good use.
Pre scarby grumpy face
Asking for haply smile this time
See, he doesn't mind! He's just being a goober butt!
He decided that I needed a flower crown, and then we decided we needed drinking horns. His can also sound the call for gondor or rohan.
He also wanted a hat. With this one he can be a pirate or a musketeer. 😁
I got my scotch egg!
We had a good time.

This morning he went to work and I'll meet up with him later at SILs house for mother's day shenanigans. Then I'll start prepping for work on Monday. It'll be hospital week, so that should be fun. Hehe.

I hope all is well for all of you, hugs and love from a stressed out me! ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment