Sunday, May 31, 2026

summer starts

And hubbs was sick. Sigh. Monday i went to work, he stayed home. I went to the gym after work and can say that I've figured out the fancy treadmill. Also, 4.0 is too fast for me at the moment. 3.8 is manageable. I also did my nails. 
Summerween! Pink and purple with batty bats!!

Work was meh. Lots of grant writing. It's like writing fiction! I get to tell the story of how we will do a project that will be finished on time and also stay on budget, and will benefit us and our patients. The reality is often quite different. Sigh. 3 more to go. 

Friday I took the day off to be driver for A. You know what that means... Thurs night margs at LA hacienda!!! Hehehe. It was nice. Friday we went to her appointment super early. I found a coffee shop so I could do some journaling. Then I went to a grocery store to wander. It was fun. The thing is, I got A some flowers, and then forgot to give them to her. 
Coffee
I'm an idiot. 
Got home and got my new BAG!!! Love it so much!! 

Hubby and I went to the farmers market on Saturday. I was looking forward to my MASSIVE CINNAMON ROLL... however, the vendor of the fat rolls wasn't there. Sigh... we did find another sourdough vendor tho, so we got bread and bagels. There were 2 cheese vendors, so we HAD to get cheese to go with the bread. Then I needed earrings... well... need is a strong word. But they are SO PRETTY!!!
LOOK AT THE PRETTIES!!!
Hubbs wanted some food, so we gave the old Texas brewing company another try. Gotta say, it was good.
Hubbs had a breakfast shot. Jamison, butterscotch, OJ, and bacon.
I had a PINT of prickly pear mimosa. 
Then we split the skillet. Biscuits, Scrambled eggs, and sausage Gravy. Fruit for me, tater tots for hubbs. Very good.

The rest of the day was lazy. Hubbs finished a game he's really been enjoying. He says it's the best final fantasy game that isn't actually a final fantasy game. I started a movie marathon that just kinda continued thru the day. We heated up some bread, spread some cheese on it, had some marinara sauce and wine, and just had a really nice day.
Did some beyond meatballs, which were good but had a nutty flavor I didn't expect. 

Sunday hubby went to work, I went to Mass and my favorite coffee shop, and figured out dinner for us. I also made a bean salad for lunches. Much yummies. 

I hope all of you are doing well. Sending tons of love and hugs!! May you have the best of luck in all your endeavors 😘😘

No comments:

Post a Comment