Thursday night we went on a little date to celebrate grant stuffs being done. We went to torchys for a Mexican candy marg and their taco of the month... the frontman. Then we wandered around HEB for a while. Got some fruit, some juice, some kitty cat treats, and a couple other things.
Took Friday off since grant was due on Thursday. Hubbs and I went to get my oil changed, then went to the tax office to see about my title, then went for a Costco date!
Ok, so I need to share this because it's funny and it has to be a marriage thing. The other day I went grocery shopping and while at the store, I decided to get us a sweet treat. So I went to the little Debbie section and saw... strawberry Swiss rolls. I thought that could be good (never saw those before), so I bought them and brought them home and put them in the sweet treat container. Didnt think about it again. Then while hubbs and I are out and about on Friday he says, "oh, I've had some of those things you bought." Me: "oh, yeah, I bought them for us." Him: "But they were DIFFERENT. They were STRAWBERRY! I almost came to wake you up to make sure you were ok!!" Me: (laughing) "What??" Him: "I mean, one thing I can say about you, and I love, by the way, is that you are consistent. So something so new was strange and alarming." (I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the gist.) Me: huh... consistent... well, can't deny that... "I didn't imagine that they would be cause for concern." So, we now have phrases for if either of us are ever taken over by something else. And I can add "consistent" to adjectives that describe me. I maintain its not SO crazy. I love traditional Swiss rolls, and sometimes I get a hankering for the strawberry shortcake ones, so strawberry chocolate Swiss rolls HAVE to be good, right?? Hehe, anyways, that convo warmed my heart and... made me happy to be married, in a way. Like, it's nice to have someone who knows me so well, and who cares enough to want a code phrase in case of alien/spirit takeover. 🥰
Saturday we goblined and enjoyed our Costco haul (we may have splurged a bit). My sinus issue came back with a vengence so I'm seriously considering actually going to the doc on Monday. We made food, Jay played with his new remote controlled backhoe, and may have traumatized the kitty a bit.
So Sunday is mass and then getting ready for the week. The last 2 grants are due Tuesday and Wednesday, and I'm taking next Friday off as well. Meal prep will just be boiling some eggs for the week, since the Costco haul took care of a lot of it. I hope all of you are doing well, much love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment