Sunday, July 5, 2026

Data Overload

Please remember that I am against most technology, and have refused to buy things that require me to download an app. Even so, my life has been taken over by data and I can't take it anymore!!

I have:
Clue: tracking lady stuff, but beyond that it tracks my moods, energy levels, acne, good/bad hair days, bathroom stuff, and if needed also birth control, STD status, pregnancy symptoms, and perimenopause symptoms. Useful for knowing when things are SUPPOSED to happen, tho not at all 100% accurate. Happy to know most things are 'in the normal range.'

QWatch Pro: fitness tracker for steps, heart rate, blood pressure, workouts, etc. Making myself into a tamagachi where IM the little creature I'm trying to keep alive. Goal of 8000 steps per day. Found out I'm allergic to the plastic band so I wear the nylon one. No longer syncs to my insurance app, so can't continue to 'earn rewards' that would be less than what the insurance takes from ONE paycheck.

Progressive: judges my driving. Says it gives discounts but I drive too far every day for that. Doesn't like how I brake. Apparently thinks I should run more lights instead of stopping quickly (tell me how that makes sense). If I turn it off, Progressive gets mad at me. 

Banking apps: while I probably don't need to sign in so much, long time low earning makes me want to be SURE how much is in my account before I do anything. This was helpful in identifying subscriptions I never meant to pay for. 

Social media: enough said, right? I ran some updates on my phone and now it even gives me a little report every Sunday telling me if I spent more or less time on my phone each week. Isn't that great (dripping sarcasm)? Now my phone is even judging me for using it. Makes picking up a book feel like I'm making a moral decision or something. "This week me is going to do better than last week me, and not doom scroll so much." WTH? Last week me had her reasons, why does this week me get to judge?!?

Somehow all these things feel so judgy and for what? No one sees this but me and the data farming program keeping tabs on me. I doubt I'm interesting enough to even merit a real person looking at my stuff. Frankly I feel blessed to even have readers on this blog (thank you and I love you). So why all the pressure?? I'm just trying to live my life, keep in touch with friends, make sure I'm not overdrawn, and get from point A to point B. Why has that become so damn HARD? Anyway, in protest I've decided to sometimes turn off the fitness tracker. Or just keep track of steps on days I want to work out. I've still got 30 lbs to go. Tho if I end the year at under 200, I'll consider it a win. Hubbs just wants to be sure I don't lose my butt. He says if I do, he's gonna hold a memorial for it. LMAO.

We had a pot luck at work on wed. So good. That's the dessert I did. Red, white, and blueberry yummies (angel food cake, vanilla pudding, cool whip, blueberries and raspberries).

On thurs I went out to see A. She has been caring for her dad for about 7 years now. I always call when I get close, and her SIL answered. Said A had forgotten her phone, so she ended up sending me As brother's #. I called him and he said they found a room in a nursing home nearby so A could get some rest. Apparently that's called "respite" and is a feature of hospice. So, I went to the nursing home. Her dad was in a fine mood, flirting with the nursing staff. He was falling asleep as we left. A and I ended up spending about 3 hrs at the Mexican place just talking. We were there for so long my hubby called on As phone! My phone had been dying, so I left it in my bag. He called when it started getting late and he hadn't heard from me. So we wrapped up, went to the house to say hi to the puppers, and then I drove home. Well, Friday comes around and... A sent me a charger.
Guess she wants to be sure we don't worry hubby again. She did say she thought it was adorable that he called to check on me. I agreed. 

Friday hubbs had to work, so I did a grocery run and then made some desserts for us. I ended up throwing star wars on the background, then decided to watch Jaws. Hubbs came home and we went out for sushi and shopping. Got some fun stuff at half price books, wandered around Miniso, and went to HEB. 

Saturday we watched a couple movies before heading to a friend's lake house for a cookout and fireworks. We brought some drinks that we chose by going thru the fridge. We are basically booze dragons. We collect and then just enjoy our hoard of goodness. Lol. We ended up taking canned cocktails, mead, and a few beers. 
Obligatory selfie.
Fireworks!
Fireworks near and far 😁 it was a good night.

Poor hubbs is sleepy at work today, but it was a good night. We have a normal week this week, hopefully I'll hear something about the grants at some point. Sigh. I hope all of you have all the fingers you woke up with on July 4, and that you had a good time. Remember, I'd you drink a 5th on the 4th, you won't be able to go forth on the 5th. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment