Sunday, July 26, 2026

Waiting... waiting...

Grants were due in early June... HHSC has only told us about TWO... we got 'em. The state office of rural health told us that we did not get the CIP grant (i expected as much). Still waiting to hear about innovation, 1pt2, and 6. Sigh... I think the stress of waiting to hear back has made me develop a cold sore. 

I tried the caffeinated chocolate... this is my impression of the owl.
I finished Desperation, so next book has to be the regulators. I haven't started it yet, cuz I'm waiting for a dedicated day for reading. Hehe
After I picked up the book, this is the truck I followed home. Only a little creepy, right??
Hubby and I decided to have a charcuterie night on thurs. K sent me home with the sourdough, then we went to Kroger for cheese and such. The cold cuts came from costco, and the wine from Messina hof. It was a good night. 

Friday A and I had what may be our most goofy misunderstanding ever. We planned to meet up at 4 for margaritas. So I left work at 230 to head out to Eastland to meet her at LA hacienda. I called her when I got there, cuz I missed her text at 312 saying she was heading out. I asked her where she was and she said... halfway to weatherford. I had assumed we were meeting in Eastland, she assumed we were meeting in weatherford. We had agreed on the time, but not the location. So, I followed her to weatherford and we had margs at Rio mambo like in the old days. Our server was super cool and we ended up hanging out for about 4 hours. It was so nice to catch up.
Saturday I was being stared at... I was slightly uncomfortable... so I went to the farmers market. 
My don't eat beads lady had posted these earrings online. I had to have them! And now, they are mine. 😁
Took myself out to the Roasted beenery after the market. Beefast sandwich and a latte. Did some journaling, too. Hubby got off work early, so we went to ephemera to make terrariums. 
Such fun!
Hubbys mug
My bowl
Happy selfie (third attempt)
Finished products
Then we went for pizza. Serious pizza. 😁
I think Ace missed us.

Sunday is here, and so soon I shall head to Mass. Hubby is at work, but it's the final 2 days of his 2 week stretch with no days off. Being bday week, fun is planned for almost every day (except Monday, that one is business as usual). After Mass I'm going to meet A at cowtown brewery for lunch and a book fair! We made sure to confirm time AND location for today. Lol.

I hope all of you are doing well, staying cool, and enjoying the dog days of summer. Sending tons of love and hugs from an EXTREMELY hot Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment