Sunday, July 19, 2026

Storms a brewin

Sunday was fun. Poor hubbs was a little hungover, but we still made it to Mass and NFM. We had lunch at Velvet Taco. So good!! Then home to be yelled at by a void cat. He was happy we were home.

Sploot cat.

Monday we took off cuz hubbs is going to have a marathon work couple of weeks. However, he got called for jury duty. So he went to jury duty, while i enjoyed being lazy at home. Eventually I went to the store once the first thunderstorms left. Made sheet pan Pierogies with roasted brussles sprouts, carrots, and Sausages. SO good. 
Tuesday was back to work as usual. Bleh. Did my after work workout in the resistance band leggings. Funny thing, I took a "before" pic of my legs and damned if I didn't almost send one to hubby. They are my least favorite feature, by FAR, but I need to know if the leggings actually help with tone (don't care so much about cellulite, but we'll see with that, too).
Longer on the 4.5 incline, same speed.

Wednesday had an afternoon headache that turned into an evening migraine, so I didn't go to the gym. The state also didn't announce if we got any grants. Jerks. 
The face of PAIN. I did finish Desperation, tho.

Thursday hubbs worked late and I was in a mood. So after he got done with work he picked me up and we went to chilis for apps and drinks. Their $6 margs are GOOD. While we were there, a lightning bolt hit across the interstate from us. LOUD boom. A worker actually said "was that REAL?!" It was funny. By the time we left the rain was over. We went to cracker barrel to see about the Halloween situation. 
I got me a batty bat! So soft, so sweet. 

Friday was work and then date night at the ball park!
Nice day. We were in the club upstairs, which had AIR CONDITIONING!!
Obligatory selfie... last of 3, with genuine hubby smile.
Between inning entertainment. Turns out, Cleburne has a pasta plant.

Saturday I did laundry, put dishes away, went grocery shopping, put up some window cling, then watched bad shark movies with Ace the rest of the day.
Best shark movie watching shirt from last weekends shenanigans! National videogame museum Jaws theme. 
Hoping this will help keep down the electric bill. And keep down the smell from the kitty box under the windows. 
Someone was being cute, cuddly kitty.
The ingredients 
Dinner. Couldn't tell much difference between pickle beer and normal bock or kolsch. Was good tho. And hubbs has food for tomorrow. 

So that was the week. Thankfully we didn't have much in the way of flooding here. Bestie got thru ok, too. All is good. I saw where lake Travis is full for the first time since 2019. Now we are gonna be SUPER humid and HOT for a while. So basically it's time to bake. Yaaay. Lol... one more normal work week and then... VACATION. We are extremely stoked for some down time. I hope all of you are doing well and having some fun. Hugs and love from a soggy but surviving Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment