Sunday, August 2, 2026

Bday week shenanigans

Sunday: book fair at the brewery with A.
Hubby turned up, too! He had to work, but he stopped by on his way home. 
How everyone pictures A... until they experience her angry side..
Her angry side. She mentioned that people say they are scared of her, but shes just a cute, fluffy, koala. I asked if she had ever seen the wet, angry one and she said no. Showed her this pic and she LAUGHED... now she knows what she looks like when shes angry. Hehe.

Monday: business as usual. Work was work, but also kinda crazy. Hubbs and I decided to try palios pizza Cafe for dinner. So good. 

Tuesday: 1/2 day at work, torchys happy hr with hubby. 
The face I make when I'm leaving work and won't be back for a week!
The health inspector was there at the same time we were. Lol, food was good, tho. We got me a cake at HEB. Hehe.
White cake with strawberry icing and liars chocolate curls.
Even Ace wanted some (he NEVER does this, it was HILARIOUS). 
We painted. Hehe... guess who is the Warhammer painter.

Wednesday: massage and facial, frescoes cocina for dinner. 
Bday cinnamon roll
And mimosa! Its OK cuz hubby is being driver for me today. He also gave me the best presents 😁 we gonna grow herbs and veg in the apartment! And A got me a work bat!!
LOOK HOW CUTE AND FLUFFY!!!! 
I got a massage and a facial as a present to myself.
The on to frescoes cocina 😁 I sooooo love their black pearl margaritas.

Thursday: waco for book stores and beer spa.
Bfast spot.
The ravens nook
Adorable, cozy, 10/10 recommend.
Beer spa.
Relaxing, chill... also recommend. We also stayed at the hotel and had dinner at their restaurant. Everything was 10/10. I even bought their beer shampoo. 😁
Appetizer
We split the Ruben
Then.... the train came by 
We got a shot! Hehe. It was super yummy. Some kind of brandy and cream.
Wine bar with tapas... then back to the room!

Friday: blissful folly farms and stay in LA Grange.
We met up with Jess!
Had some GREAT mead
Wandered a bit and found a bar
Took over the upstairs of the bar 
until we decided to go back to the hotel..And tried the WORST wine spritzer EVER. We decided to call it a night after this. 
Bestie feeds my bag obsession.

Saturday: Bastrop fun
WE FOUND RED HATS!!
Also, awesome plant and ceramics store. 

Somehow we managed to be here in Bastrop at the same time as their homecoming parade and rodeo. So it was pretty crazy in the AM, then people slowly started leaving. By the early afternoon the downtown area was pretty chill and we even got a bit of a rainstorm which helped it be less godawful hot. We decided to still wander the downtown area, as no one was particularly jazzed about the rodeo. 
 Bastrop brewing company
We had mead for national mead day
Then off to the copper shot for more drinks
Blackberry marg with rum... so good!!
Cool place
I love this idea 😁
Ended the night at 602 brewery. This is a black lotus. SO GOOD.

Sunday's plan: mass, lunch at 90s style pizza hut in Bastrop before home via West for sausage rolls. Hubby is feeling a bit rough, so we will see if he's going to be human in time for mass. Lol.

So those were my bday week shenanigans. We have had a wonderful time together and with the bestie. Truly, I am so grateful for the people I have in my world. They are the best. Hugs and love to all of you as well, I hope you are doing OK and also have a bday week of treating yourself. And making your TBR pile higher. Lol... so. Many. Books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment